Do you want to buy a helmet camera? Do you exactly know what to look for in a helmet camera? Well, there is a huge selection of helmet cameras today, which makes choosing quite a bit difficult. If you are going to buy a helmet camera, there are various things you should look for, especially if you are involved with different sports like skiing, snowboarding, parachuting, and so on.
What important features should you take into account?
- Battery packs-This is one of the most important things to keep in mind because you would want to make sure that it has the power the moment you need it the most. The typical single 9V pack can last up to 20 hours before changing out. The AA packs have bigger batteries, a bit bulky, but don’t last that long.
- Connectors- You should thoroughly check the connectors. Some people think that cheap connectors are okay, but the cheapest ones are not always the best. Cheap connectors usually give you bad signal, which results to poor video quality.
- Storage space- This is also another important factor to keep in mind. If the camera doesn’t have enough storage space, then there will be a tendency that you will not be able to save important shots.
- Edit and share video options- You want to take amazing shots to relive the memories as well as share your experience with your friends and loved ones. Hence, when choosing a helmet camera, you should check the edit and sharing video features. That way, you can easily edit captured shots and instantly share them online
- Ease of use- Nobody wants to use a camera with complicated functions. As a sports enthusiast, you would want to focus more on doing your routine rather than spend most of your time setting up the camera. A user-friendly camera is always the best choice.